Monday, April 1, 2019

[Writeup] Sunshine CTF 2019

Forensics

Golly

It's a code of Golly rle file, when I run a code given I just have a alphabet table:

Run it and nothing else, I read a rle file document at here. And I know a "$" represents the end of each row and an optional "!" represents the end of the pattern. So I just copy the paragraph after !$$$$ and I got

Flag: sun{th1s_w0nt_last}

Castles

Open the file in HXD I saw something like a hint:

Hey! Mario said something about a hidden key. Hesaid this: F2I and A1S, and that it was in two pieces

Because this is 001 file so I use FTK Imager to open it. And I found an JPG image of Mario:




Because it is an JPG file and need a key to open it so I think the right tool would be steghide. Now I need to find a key to have a flag. With the hint above and in slack file in FTK I found something like a password of Castello_Di_Amorosa and Castelo_da_Feira I combined all of it and have a string:
AQ273RFGHUI91OLO987YTFGY78IK



Flag: flag{7H4NK5_F0R_PL4Y1NG}

We Will We Will

It's img file so I used Autospy to open it, after do some stuff I realize I have a luks file.



 Luks file is a encrypted image on Linux so I need a password. But I don't have any hint of password so I think need brute force a password. Hashcat is a good tool for this.

hashcat64.exe -a 0 -m 14600 luks rockyou.txt

And the password  is: filosofia
Mount it and I have flag is a partition name


$sudo cryptsetup open b.luks flag


Flag: sun{wrasslin}

3 comments:

  1. How long did it take to find the password for LUKS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 mins for me. I think it depend for your hardware

      Delete
    2. Yeah, after 10 minutes I had 0 hashes processed. Seems like I had no chances to solve this challenge during the CTF)

      Delete